My own encounter as a child


When I was about five years old, I had my first encounter with an enforcement officer at the Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens. 

        My parents had just bought us ice cream. Oblivious of the presence of enforcement officers at the park, I just kept enjoying my ice cream. I can now think of the way some of our officers and state elected representatives are behaving. Despite complaints, they can still turn a deaf ear. 

        I threw the ice cream wrapper onto the lawn. Guess what? A gentleman in a uniform approached me, and asked, "Where are your parents?" I was told to pick up the ice cream wrapper and throw into the nearby bin. Poor ice cream vendor was also hauled up just because of my action. 

        Half a century later, I can still remember this incident. It makes me wonder why Templer's Park, for example, can remain so dirty. Apart from not renewing the contract until recently, are there enforcement officers at the park on regular patrol? If not, why not? 

        Why are our enforcement officers always become a source of complaints from restaurant operators and shop owners? Why in some shops, they allow the owners to place their goods on the walkway, while others get summonses? 

        Something is not right there. If the local council fail in keeping parks and public places clean at all times, if you read the comments from people in Penang, you will find one of the key reasons is the lack of enforcement. 

        

Please read: https://surat-terbuka-mb-selangor.blogspot.com/2022/09/tiada-minat-untuk-menjaga-kebersihan.html

 https://surat-terbuka-mb-selangor.blogspot.com/2022/08/21-terms-thats-all-for-ph-in-selangor.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sdr. Gobind, Kalau dah tak nak dengar bisikan, maka laungan kuat perlu dibuat juga

ACID TEST FOR NEXT GE: Can PH State Government in Selangor deliver?

Selangor Terkini