Elected Representatives Should Solve Problems

 

PUA Pei Ling was one of the "newbie" picked by her party, PKR to contest in Bukit Lanjan constituency during the last state election. 

She was probably picked by her successor, Elizabeth Wong, who has since been ostracised by her constituents for losing touch with the grassroots. When complaints were told to her, she remained silent.

Bukit Lanjan folks will now know of this firsthand experience I have with Pei Ling. Although I voted for her, her attitude is what I find most intolerable. 

I believe she won with a landslide majority because all of us still wanted to show our support to Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim's madani government. Certainly, it has nothing to do with Pei Ling's own performance. After all, she was was a new face and not even his own comrades in PKR or PH knew her. 

Our Expectations

Being newly elected, I expected Pei Ling to know what is happening on the ground in her constituency. For nearly a month, I have asked a number of people, including former state executive councillors, but most people did not know who she was.

When I finally managed to get her number through a local MP, I sent her a message. As a new state assemblyman, I gave her the benefits of doubt and I was willing to brief her about the issues on the ground so that she can do a good job for the people. 


For over eight hours, I noticed that the message did not go through (the message only showed a single tick). 

Using a separate number, I tried to forward her the same message. It went through with the double ticks. 


I also attempted to give her a courtesy call. But her phone could not be reached. From here, I knew she had blocked me even before I could send her a message for the first time. Pua and I have never even met, nor have we spoken on the phone. 

As a state assemblyperson, her job is to go down to the ground and solve the problems. This is because her predecessor had failed to do a good job, and issues have been piling up. 

Blocking us as voters and her constituents is the last thing, she should do but it is unfortunate that after 15 years in power, PH politicians have forgotten their roots. By right their seniors in politics should advise them to be humble and serve the people; otherwise, they should not be allowed to contest for another term.

I asked a neighbour of mine to add her to the chat group so that she can follow the discussions on issues faced by people. This is so that she knows all these complaints came from real people, not something that I made up. 

After about an hour, she just left the chat group. Where did she learn this? I can only guess it must be from Elizabeth, who also left the chat group when she was added in just to "feel" what people are suffering, especially when the local council and local council boys do not do a proper job. 

To me, it sounds like our state elected representatives are more interested in handling "big issues" to make a name for themselves instead of solving the problems on the ground. 


They have to learn from PKR president himself. Even Anwar Ibrahim, as Prime Minister, goes to the ground to meet people who encounter problems. This is the reason why we all support him. 

But people like Pei Ling? Nay, come GE16, we will have to snub people like her. From now till GE16, I will monitor her performance closely. She will not escape from the radar. Now, I do not even have to whisper my frustrations to her. If she fails to perform, these issues will be highlighted where we will ask, "Where is the state assemblyman, Pua Pei Ling?" 

Politicians can snub us for five years, it is enough for us to snub them for two weeks before the next elections. 


YAB Datuk Seri Anwar / DS Zahid / DS Fadillah

Kita perlukan pemimpin yang sama seperti YAB Menteri Besar Johor, Hafiz Onn Ghazi.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLWpmsLJ/

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLWpyef4/

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLWpXSyy/

<PERIOD> 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sdr. Gobind, Kalau dah tak nak dengar bisikan, maka laungan kuat perlu dibuat juga

ACID TEST FOR NEXT GE: Can PH State Government in Selangor deliver?

Selangor Terkini